I recently came across a great post over at Getting Fit to Find Myself and knew it was going to follow her lead and complete a Runner’s Survey!
- Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
A beach any day of the week. Living in the landlocked Midwest this is more of the view I am accustomed to. But I cannot wait for family vacations to run along the beach!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Hate Gatorade and Powerade. They cause me to gag especially during a race. I’ll take some plain old water or grape Nuun
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Fun running top or capris.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
My type A nature would lead me to say training plan but if I’m being honest, lately I’m enjoying the freedom of running when I want and how a far my legs feel like carrying me.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
For sure up hill first. The downhill at the end of your run helps with those negative splits!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I love almost all of Beachbody’s programs. Piyo, turbo kick, 21 Day Fix workouts.
7. What is your preference: Out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
If my route is flat and straight then I prefer and out and back. I can zone out, listen to my music and let my legs take me without thinking about direction.
8. If you could recommend any running-related item to a new runner, it would be
Professionally fitted shoes. They are worth their weight in gold and the money spent will keep you off the injured reserve list!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Capris almost always.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door and run?
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
19. When running in daylight are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Do you run and blog? Share your answers! It’s so much fun to get to know other mother runners better!