Ever since completing Faster Way to Fat Loss last month, I have been working to incorporate lower carb days into my weekly meal plan. While chicken, steak, pork chops, fish dominate our dinner plates, I’m always looking for a great side dish. At a throw together dinner to celebrate the summer solstice, I came up with this kicked up version of a low carb “spaghetti squash & cheese”. It was delicious!
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 oz each of cream cheese and 2 other shredded cheeses (I used cheddar and manchego)
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 slices of bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your squash noodles.
- After frying your bacon over medium to high heat, remove bacon and crumble. Leave drippings in the pan and brown garlic and onions.
- Turn heat to low and add cheese until melted, stir in jalapeno.
- Place squash noodles in baking dish, cover with cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover with additional 1/4 of shredded cheese, bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until cheese is melted!