Nothing beats a steaming pile of spaghetti topped with sauce, melted mozzarella and meatballs. Add a little side of garlic bread and Caesar salad and you have yourself a dinner of Italian perfection. Unless, of course, you are trying to watch your waistline! Then that pile of carbohydrates more closely resembles the sugar it will become after the magic of digestion. So let me introduce you to a little gadget… the Vegetti!!
I LOVE this “As Seen on TV” goodie. It was topped my Christmas wish list last year and thankfully I found her wrapped under the tree. I have put this puppy to good use over the last year, spiralizing more zucchini than one girl could count. Finally I’m ready to branch out and try spiralizing some sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, carrots, I’ll keep you posted! But these zoodles are incredible!!!
1 large zucchini per person, spiralized
Tomato sauce (I use Muir Glen organic)
Ground turkey, browned
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan. Add zoodles. Saute for 5 minutes or until soft .
- Assemble zoodles, sauce, turkey, ricotta cheese in baking dish.
- Cook for 30 minutes until dish is heated.
My “zoodle” thoughts
- I tried to freeze this dish and reheat. The zoodles were not good. Mushy, gross. I was sad.
- For those 21 Day Fixers, the container count for this single portion is 1 red, 1 purple, 1 green & 1 blue.
- This dish would be perfect for those of you following a low carb or low sodium diet!
- Add more veggies, sub out the turkey for sausage (not for low sodium diet), add fresh mozzarella. You won’t even miss the pasta!